BETHESDA – A PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR ONE ANOTHER
Jesus said “Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”
- We try to follow these words by loving each other and offering support whether that’s spiritual, physical, practical, emotional. It may be a friendly word, a prayer, a smile or a hug- we want to encourage and value each other.
BETHESDA – A PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Jesus said ” I was hungry and you fed me, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, I was homeless and you gave me a room, I was shivering and you gave me clothes, I was sick and you stopped to visit”
We try to follow these words by practical means. Volunteers in Bethesda help by
- Being part of the ‘Soup Run’ group who make sure that food is available every night of the week to those in need
- Offering advice to those in debt (Trowbridge Debt Advisory Service http://trowbridgedas.org/)
- Helping the homeless by offering food and support two days a week (Breakthrough Trowbridge http://www.breakthroughtrowbridge.co.uk/)
- Helping in the local primary school by running a homework club
- Being part of the Street Pastors team
- Collecting food for the local Storehouse foodbank
BETHESDA – CARING FOR WORLD ISSUES
God looked over everything he had made; it was so good, so very good!
- We are a Fair Trade church and we encourage others to buy goods from workers who are given a fair wage.
- Recycling, the use of plastic and use of renewable energy are areas we are working on and promoting in church. We are people who care for ‘Creation.’
- We sponsor students who are learning vocational skills at the Nile Vocational Institute in Uganda
- Bethesda supports the work of Tearfund in Uganda
- We link with two people ministering with BMS overseas
BETHESDA – ENGAGING WITH OTHERS IN THE COMMUNITY
Our building is an asset to offer to the local community. It is used by many different groups.
- West Wilts Multi Faith Forum teaches English as a second language to women and men whose first language is not English. WWMFF also hold a computer class for beginners.
- A music therapy group
- Pilates group
- A choir
The church rooms are available to hire at a reasonable rate – please contact us.
BETHESDA - ENGAGING WITH THE CHURCH IN TROWBRIDGE
We are members of CATA (Christian Action in the Trowbridge Area) The CATA group of churches work together to help the people of Trowbridge to understand the message of Jesus. This might mean supporting the work of other churches or working on projects with other churches.