Bethesda Baptist Church
Protection of Adults at Risk Policy
This statement was adopted at a church meeting held on 10th November 2020
It will be presented each year to a church meeting held in the month of November where progress in carrying it out will be monitored.
- As members of this church we commit ourselves to the safeguarding of adults at risk and ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, racial, financial and spiritual abuse of adults at risk and to report any such
abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We are dedicated in the pastoral care and support of those who have experienced abuse.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with adults at risk.
- The church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who undertake this work.
- The church adopts the guidelines of the Baptist Union of Great Britain published in Safe To Belong 2015.
- Each person who works with adults at risk will agree to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church.
Alison Rollinson and Helen Ross are the Designated Persons for Safeguarding and are responsible for representing the concerns and views of adults at risk at our meetings and to outside bodies. They also are the people to contact for any concerns or questions regarding protecting adults at risk.