This statement was agreed at the church meeting held on 10th November 2020.
It will be read annually at the church meeting held in the month of November where progress in carrying it out will be monitored.
- As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual, spiritual and emotional abuse of children and young people, and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection and appointment of those working with children and young people, whether paid or volunteer.
- The church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children and young people, and to providing supervision.
- The church is committed to following the Home Office Code of Practice Safe from Harm and adopts the guidelines and procedures published by the Baptist Union of Great Britain in its publication Safe to Grow (revised edition).
- Each worker with children and young people must know the recommendations, and undertake to observe them. Each shall be given a copy of the church’s agreed procedures and Good Practice Guidelines.
As part of our commitment to children and young people the church has appointed:
…Alison Rollinson & Helen Ross… to be Independent Persons. Their role will be regularly explained to children, and their names, email addresses and phone
numbers publicly displayed.